Date(s) - 06/24/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We have distilled 20 years of welding and fabrication experience into six classes.
This is introductory, foundational coursework for novice and intermediate metalworkers. We offer advanced and ongoing classes for complex subjects like TIG.
Each class is offered for $150.00. It is taught every Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 4 P.M. with a lunch break.
We offer these classes individually as it is frequently difficult for clients to attend six consecutive weekends.
It is helpful to attend as many as possible in a row and catch the class you missed the next time it is offered. Please purchase tickets online and 24 hours in advance.
We provide all equipment required. We provide materials for curriculum based projects. The class does not support individual project work.
Minors 16 y.o. and up may attend.
Classes will balance theory with hands on practice. Our goal is to help you develop proficiency with the tools of metalwork in the most concise and effective way possible. We emphasize hands-on practice. Most classes are at least 50% hands on.
In this class we will cover:
- Safety, why welding and metalwork are safer than woodworking, cooking or driving.
- Welding nomenclature and material identification. We will teach you to “Speak Metal”.
- Welding equipment, comparing the use, costs and function of MIG, Stick, (SMAW)
- Welding equipment, demonstration, overview and hands on with each process
- Weld equipment, troubleshooting and tuning welding gear.
- Destructive weld testing and quality evaluation
- Thick versus thin materials, penetration and warpage
- You will weld up and test a metal pyramid made in 1/4″ steel rod in this class.
This class is taught at Hazardfactory, a 3000 sq ft working industrial arts studio in south Seattle. We are firmly committed to offering the highest quality instruction of this type. We offer a safe, actively supportive, ism-free working environment.
Bookings are closed for this event.