Date(s) - 01/13/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We have distilled 20 years of welding and fabrication experience into six classes.
This is introductory, foundational coursework for novice and intermediate metalworkers. We offer advanced and ongoing classes for complex subjects like TIG.
Each class is offered for $160.00. It is taught every Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 4 P.M. with a lunch break.
We offer these classes individually as it is frequently difficult for clients to attend six consecutive weekends, we no longer offer the group of classes bundled under one price as this leads to an excessive rescheduling burden.
It is helpful to attend as many as possible in a row and catch the class you missed the next time it is offered. Please purchase tickets online and 24 hours in advance.
We provide all equipment required. We provide materials for curriculum based projects. The class does not support individual project work.
Minors 16 y.o. and up may attend.
Classes will balance theory with hands on practice. Our goal is to help you develop proficiency with the tools of metalwork in the most concise and effective way possible. We emphasize hands-on practice. Most classes are at least 50% hands on.
In this class we will cover:
- Personal protective equipment, how earplugs and safety glasses work.
- Grinding, what the tools are and what they do.
- How to evaluate grinding equipment for function and safety.
- How to operate grinding equipment safely, or, how not to operate it unsafely.
- Grinding as redemption, how to grind away errors and make perfect looking work.
- Ferocity, how to remove or improve mediocre welds quickly.
- Intelligence, the tips and tricks that allow you to flatten blend and finish.
- Nemesis, oxides versus shiny, the eternal struggle.
- Flat grinding, how to make a flat intersection.
- In this class we will weld up a rectangular wall shelf for displaying items, you will make it look perfect no matter how terrible your initial welds were, because we can.
This class is taught at Hazardfactory, a 3000 sq ft working industrial arts studio in south Seattle. We are firmly committed to offering the highest quality instruction of this type. We offer a safe, actively supportive, ism-free working environment. We think of ourselves as occasionally funny.
Bookings are closed for this event.