Date(s) - 06/02/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We have distilled 20 years of welding and fabrication experience into six classes.
This is introductory, foundational coursework for novice and intermediate metalworkers. We offer advanced and ongoing classes for complex subjects like TIG.
Each class is offered for $160.00. It is taught every Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 4 P.M. with a lunch break.
We no longer offer the group of classes bundled under one price as this leads to an excessive rescheduling burden.
It is helpful to attend as many as possible in a row and catch the class you missed the next time it is offered. Please purchase tickets online and 24 hours in advance.
We provide all equipment required. We provide materials for curriculum based projects. The class does not support individual project work.
Minors 16 y.o. and up may attend.
Classes will balance theory with hands on practice. Our goal is to help you develop proficiency with the tools of metalwork in the most concise and effective way possible. We emphasize hands-on practice. Most classes are at least 50% hands on.
In this class we will cover:
- Hand-held plasma cutting, so easy and safe it’s almost silly.
- Hand-held plasma units, an overview of application and expense, tips for getting your filthy mitts on one.
- Hand-held plasma units, use and maintenance tips and tricks.
- Oxy-fuel safety, how to handle reactive and explosive hydrocarbons like it’s no thing.
- Fun with corrosive accelerants! (oxygen, it’s actually corrosive to most everything).
- Oxy-fuel use, make thick steel fear your very shadow, cutting, heating and bending with oxy fuel.
- Oxy fuel, cool things you didn’t know, misc applications, unusual equipment options, brazing and welding.
- If you post a picture of yourself with an oxy-fuel torch you will have 2-300% more street cred.
- We will use our new skills to cut small signage from scrap steel. We advise a simpler project like a house address or nameplate of roughly 10 characters.
This class is taught at Hazardfactory, a 3000 sq ft working industrial arts studio in south Seattle. We are firmly committed to offering the highest quality instruction of this type. We offer a safe, actively supportive, ism-free working environment.
Bookings are closed for this event.