Welding for Roboticists
Time & Location
About the Event
This 5 hour class will cover:
- Welding safety
- Welding helmet inspection, maintainence and operation
- MIG Welding machine inspection, maintainence and operation
- Basic steel metallurgy
- Tack welding mild steels
- 1g 2g and 3f welding positions using GMAW
- The bulk of the class will be spent welding 16 guage mild steel
Time allowing, we will introduce TIG welding machines and explain the strengths and relative weaknesses of each process.
This class is intended as a general purpose class, we hope that it can develop into an ongoing class that meets on a regular basis so that students can continue to improve and enhance their skills and develop and modify armor, mounts, and chassis for their robots. Minors will be asked to provide the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- Raisbeck Engineering Students$110$1100$0